Dr. Gowthaman shares some insights on how to deal with Sciatica.
Sciatica is a problem that occurs usually when we stand still for a long time, or if we walk for a long time, or if we lift very heavy weights – causing a lot of pain due to the pressure on the body. This pressure is exerted on the nerves nearby, causing a condition called sciatica (Kaal Kazhappu Noi). The diets for these patients are given based on the age and lifestyle of the individual. It is advised to avoid food that contains nitrogen molecules.
Foods To Avoid!
- Green plantain (vazhakkai).
- Green chillies.
- Sour curd.
Ingredients To Add To Your Diet
- Soup made of animal bones.
- Soup made out of drumstick leaves.
This will increase the strength of the nerves. After the diet is finalized, the next exercises are taught to the patients. A lot of yoga and physical exercises are available to treat sciatica. After the treatments, muscles gain considerable strength and these exercises are started.
All exercises are done early in the morning and at night. A high emphasis is given to exercises that can be done in a sitting position, this can be done even when we are carrying out our daily chores too.
A plan for 3-6 months is given to the patients to completely cure this condition. This also cures the side effects that sciatica causes.
Why Shree Varma?
- At Shree Varma, sciatica is cured by internal medicines, therapy treatments, food control, and necessary exercises.
- We first diagnose the cause of the problem. A prescription of an ample number of medicines, body cleansing treatments, diet control, and necessary exercises are given.
- This will provide a permanent solution to the diseases and avoid recurring.
- A surgery-less personalized permanent cure is our primary objective.
Time and again we have seen that the cause of many health issues is due to lack of awareness. We assume that we are healthy and do not concentrate on what we eat. We may not even need extra help from medicines if we made these changes in life right now.