Dr. Gowthaman shares some insights on how Gout can be handled and treated in Ayurveda.
Some diseases can be cured fast and some need medication to be followed throughout our life. Gout is a common and complex form of arthritis. Gout occurs when the urate crystals accumulate in your joint and cause inflammation and intense pain, or a gout attack. Urate crystals are formed when you have high levels of uric acid in your blood. Your body produces uric acid when it breaks down purines. Purines are substances that are found naturally in your body.
- Affects all the knee joints.
- The kidney will lose its functionality.
- Add 1 teaspoon of shatavari. (thaneervittan kilangu)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Heart-leaved moonseed. (seenthil kodi)
- Boil with 300 ml of water.
Ideal Time To Consume
Consume 100 ml before breakfast and dinner.
- Full treatment procedures like diet, oil treatments and Ayurveda panchakarma treatment are prescribed.
- In addition to this, 15 ml of concentrated Mootu veekam noi kashayam (knee pain kashayam) with 100ml of hot water is given three times a day.
- By the third month of continuing this treatment, the knee will loosen up a bit and you will be able to move your legs and stand without a walker for 10 minutes.
- After 6 months, you can walk comfortably with a stick.
Modern medicine is given to reduce uric acid in blood in order to reduce Gout arthritis. But even though it reduces the pain, it keeps on increasing progressively. Whereas Ayurveda not only reduces the uric acid in blood but also detoxes the body completely. Myrobalan (kadukkai) is one of the common medicines which is used for knee pain, and Mootu veekam noi kashayam (Knee pain kashayam) is the best medicine to reduce the side effects of Gout.