Dr. Gowthaman shares some best ways to cure diabetes from the comfort of your home.
When we eat our food, the required amount of glucose (the primary source of energy) is stored in our bodies. This stored glucose provides energy to our body even during fasting days.
How Does Our Food Turn Into Glucose?
- From our food, carbohydrates and starch break down.
- Converts to glucose.
- Sent to the bloodstream, which is controlled by insulin.
In case the sugar content in our food is higher than the secretion level of Insulin, then our body will not be able to maintain the sugar levels in the blood, and it will keep increasing. This causes problems like:
- Loss of weight.
- Excessive hunger.
- Irritation in hands and legs.
3 Main Factors To Cure Diabetes in Ayurveda
- Aaharam – food and diet.
- Viharam – lifestyle.
Earlier, people had a habit of eating full meals – 2 times a day, but now, we practice 3 meals with a lot of snacks in between. Follow the below mentioned plan for 2 weeks to find a difference in the level of sugar.
- Include full meals with lots of vegetables and greens with rice.
- Avoid drinking coffee or tea after meals.
- Take green tea or black coffee, or tea if needed.
- Eat fruits or soups (2.00 pm).
- Have your dinner by 6.30.
- Have 1 glass of milk (if needed).
Diabetes patients can eat rice when it is cooked in a proper method. Avoid cooking rice in a pressure cooker. You can soak rice for 20 minutes, wash it nicely, and boil it with 4 times more water. Drain the excess water and eat the cooked rice.
- Add 50gms of vegetables and greens for kids and adults aged above 60, and 150gms for others.
- Replace palm sugar, palm jaggery or white honey (made from saffron) with regular sugar.
In Shree Varma Ayurveda clinic, we give importance to,
- Physical training (yoga and other activities)
Meditation is an excellent medicine for our body. Practicing meditation for even 30 minutes a day can reduce sugar levels and keep it under control. Follow a simple exercise like walking, climbing stairs rather than spending on unnecessary medications. We have to encourage and push ourselves to do physical exercises and meditation.
Simple Natural Medicine
- Soak 50 gms of fenugreek the previous night.
- Drain the water.
- Tie in a cloth for 2 days.
- Allow it to sprout.
We need 3 days for preparation and on the 4th day, you can consume it.
- Early in the morning, you can take any drink of your routine – coffee or tea or milk.
- Around 8.30, eat sprouts.
- Chew it nicely and eat.
- Blend it in a mixer with water.
- Drink it as a juice.
Continue to take these sprouts for 48 days along with the suggested diet habits and physical exercises and meditation at Shree Varma Ayurveda clinic. Your sugar levels will be reduced and maintained without any side effects.