Dr. Gowthaman shares some ways to use Punarnava (Boerhavia Diffusa) to get rid of kidney problems.
Punarnava is a common plant found across India. The dried roots of this plant are used as medicine. Known to cure and reduce problems like kidney stones, kidney failure, urinary incontinence, shrinking and expansion of bladder, prostate enlargement, etc.
What Can ‘Punarnava’ Do To The Body?
- Flushes out the excess urine.
- Reduces the swelling in the body.
- Removes excess fluid buildup around the lungs and heart.
- Removes blockage in arteries.
- Removes blockages in heart valves.
- Cures Thyroid.
- Reduced Period cramps.
- Reduces Nausea.
- Normalizes Irregular periods.
- Helps in getting rid of PCOD.
- Treats varicose veins.
- Reduces obesity.
- Reduces belly fat.
- Add 10 grams of Punarnava’s dried roots.
- Boil with 200 ml of water and reduce to 100 ml.
- Filter and drink.
Ideal Way To Consume
Have it like a morning tea/coffee. Adults can have 50ml of the solution while kids can have 10 ml. It should be consumed before breakfast and dinner daily.
This herbal drink is safe for people even with diabetes, BP and heart problems. 30ml of this drink, when taken in an empty stomach, can help cure PCOD too.
For health or mental problems, feel free to consult us at Shree Varma Ayurveda Clinic.