Dr. Gowthaman shares some types of mental health disorders and their treatments.
Today, we are facing a lot of problems in our bodies and are not paying enough attention to our mental health problems. Mental health is always posed as a lower risk than physical health. The research statement of the World Health Organization states that pollution, food habits and lifestyle changes have affected our mental and physical health gravely. Mental illness or depression means a state where one cannot feel the happiness surrounded by them. These are health conditions involving changes in emotion, thinking or even behaviour. Today, it is very important to give attention to our mental health as much as the attention we give to other diseases of our body. Before a period of time, the health index was calculated based on the average lifespan of the people of a country but for the last 15 years, it is calculated based on how many of them are having a happy and healthy state of mind. So, it is necessary to be happy and healthy while we run behind luxury lifestyles.
Some Mental Health Disorders
- Insomnia is a type of mental illness where a person is not able to give his mind some rest by sleeping. Generally, a healthy person goes into a deep sleep within an hour and can easily have at least 6-7 hours of good sleep. However, not enough sleep can cause this mental illness.
- Negative thinking! Suppressing many thoughts inside our minds without expressing them is also another problem. So negative thinking leads to mental illness. Lack of self-confidence is also caused due to negative thinking.
- Anger. Today we can see how negative thinking greatly affects us. Is negative thinking bad? No! It is good to have those thoughts, for example, you can cross a road properly only if you have a negative thought that a vehicle may hit if you don’t cross the road safely. But the worry starts when we have too many negative thoughts and this indirectly causes anger.
- Phobia. Fear of water, fear of corners, fear of heights, fear of thunder are all some types of phobia but mental illness includes fear of opening up too much. This can cause people to isolate themselves and make themselves even lonelier.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an urge or an obsession to do the same thing again and again. This can be observed for cleanliness, food, etc.
- Anxiety neurosis. Worrying about falling sick or dying often is the root cause of this problem. People with this problem get anxious at every small thing.
- Depression is one of the worst diseases among mental illnesses. When people tend to imagine things that would never happen and start overthinking to an extent of losing their peace of mind, depression is caused. It can also be caused by various types of trauma. People experience depression in different ways. It may interfere with your daily work, resulting in lost time and lower productivity, relationships, and some chronic health conditions.
Mental illness is also like a body illness and needs to be treated and cured naturally. Psychological treatments, counseling, Ayurveda panchakarma treatment is famous because their effectiveness in treating mental illness is documented with proper research.
You can visit the Shree Varma Ayurveda clinic anytime, any day. When you visit us, please bring along the reports of your medical history and other medical documents. Based on the documents, body condition, food, exercise, medicine, etc – treatment will be planned by the best doctors of our hospital.