This is the most detailed article to get an understanding of the causes, reasons, symptoms, and treatments for Varicose veins.
Varicose vein is a condition related to nerves and blood vessels. A varicose vein is caused due to the aging of blood valves in blood vessels. When blood flows from the heart to other parts, flow is created naturally by the pumping of the heart. The pressure created by the valves in the heart causes damage, or ages with time. The normal pressure gets disrupted and the blood vessel expands and contracts in particular places that causes varicose veins.
Causes For Varicose Veins
- Hereditary (genetic) factor.
- Prolonged standing.
- Heaviness in the feet.
- Sitting in a cross-legged posture for a long time.
- Usage of high heel shoes.
- The first stage will be easy to cure as the blood flow will be normal in the blood vessel and those affected with varicose veins can be treated. In the first stage, the veins appear in light green colour on the backside of the legs, mostly near the thighs.
- In the second stage, the light green colour becomes very dark with severe leg pain and starts swelling even for a short time.
- In the third stage, near the foot, the veins may be visible very clearly and may also be outside the nerve loop.
- In the fourth stage, blisters are seen. A person can’t stand in this stage.
- In the fifth stage, the green colour becomes fully black and starts to appear more visibly leading to ulcers, itching using liquid from the blisters, etc. Varicose vein leads to deep vein thrombosis, especially in women.
Effects Of Varicose Vein
- DTV (Deep Thrombosis Veins) or DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis).
To understand this better, imagine if you shook a bottle of water. There will be a lot of water bubbles. Similarly, if there is any difference in blood pressure, it will cause bubbles in the blood. When the platelets surround them, it becomes an air-filled bubble with platelets or dried bubbles with platelets that can cause blocks in blood vessels.
This will also block the blood flow to the leg. When this spreads, it can cause an heart attack or can also stop the blood flow to some serious organs.
Symptoms Of Varicose Veins
- Muscle tightness.
- Ankle swelling.
- Thick veins.
- Pain in legs.
- Green-colored vessels will change to bluish-green or dark-green.
- Pain will be acceptable.
- Pains will be high during menstruation.
- Legs will be painful.
- Burning sensation in the area.
- Heaviness in the leg.
- Spreads to various places in the leg.
- Black spots.
- Water blister in the leg.
- Legs will be itchy.
- Skin dryness.
- Burning sensation.
- Heavy pain with swelling legs.
- Water blisters burst and become wounds.
- Sometimes due to high pressure in the blood vessel, it causes it to burst, leading to swelling and heavy pain.
- Itchiness will be there.
Effective Treatment Plan
- Changing food habits & diet.
- Physical exercise.
- Ayurveda medicine.
- Panchakarma treatment.
- Kayakalp treatment.
Whenever a part is damaged, in Ayurveda, we focus on strengthening the part and making it stronger. You can also use Maharaja oil – take 20ml, heat it and apply it on painful areas of the leg, and take a hot bath after 2 hours.
Try changing your lifestyle with minimal intervention of drugs to live a happy and healthy life.