Dr. Gowthaman shares a herbal recipe to avoid problems related to the throat and longs.
If you or someone you know faces problems related to throat irritation, cold, cough, tonsil, lungs irritation – this herbal decoction ‘Cardamom Decoction’ (Elekkai Kashayam) can be prepared.
- Take 300 ml of water.
- Add 2 grams of cardamom powder (elekkai podi).
- Add 2 grams of cinnamon powder (pattai podi).
- Add 2 grams of leaf powder (cinnamon tamala powder).
- Add 2 grams of dry ginger powder (sukku podi).
- Add 2 grams of pepper powder (milagu podi).
- Add 2 grams of long pepper powder (thippili podi).
- Add 2 grams of yellow fruit night-shade (Kandankathiri podi).
- Boil till it is 100ml.
- Filter it and drink.
Ideal Time To Drink
Have the cardamom decoction once in the morning, afternoon and night before food.
You can also add honey/milk to it. The problems related to dry cough, lungs irritation are usually resolved by cardamom kashayam. Even singers usually drink it to take care of their throat/vocal cords. Develop immunity with cardamom decoction.
The ingredients used in this powder are very easily available in the market/at home. Feel free to reach out to us for health suggestions and treatments.